Beginners Getting Started Courses
25th May, 10 – 12.30pm Lossie Woods, meeting at East Beach car park.
8th June, 10 – 12.30pm Fochabers Winding Walks.
Are you wanting to learn the basics to mountain biking so that you can head out with family and friend's on a ride? Well this course is for you! Aimed at new or lapsed mountain bikers who wish to learn how to mountain bike in a fun, friendly and safe environment.
The main skills covered on this course are:
- How to position yourself on your bike - where you weight should be
- Braking - how to use your brakes properly for safe effective stopping and speed control.
- Gear selection - how to change gears and when.
- How to go round corners - exploring different techniques to make it feel smooth and safe
- Rolling over trail obstacles - for example rocks and roots.
We will practise all skills on sections of trails building knowledge and confidence along the way.
A fantastic morning of coaching which will give you the confidence and inspiration to get out on the trails. Come along, meet likeminded individuals and have fun,
Kit required: Suitable MTB in good working condition, a modern well fitted helment. Gloves, Rucksack, water & snack as we will have a couple of breaks. Spare clothes / layers as the weather is always changing. A waterproof jacket.
25th May 10 – 12.30pm Lossie Woods, 8th June 10 – 12.30 Fochabers Winding Walks, 16th June 10 – 12.30 Forres Sanquhar Woods