Beginners Getting Started Courses
£40.00 – £45.00
Sat 27th March, 9.30 – 12.00 – Grantown on Spey, Anagach Woods.
Fri 16th April, 10 – 12.30 Tarland Trails
Sat 17th April, 1pm – 3.30pm Elgin Oak Woods – Leggat Car Park
Wed 21st April 9.30 – 12.00 Forres Sanquhar Woods Mtb trails
Sat 15th May 9.30 – 12.00 Fochabers Winding Walks
Are you wanting to learn the basics to mountain biking so that you can head out with family and friend's on a ride? Well this course is for you! Aimed at new or lapsed mountain bikers who wish to learn how to mountain bike in a fun, friendly and safe environment.
The main skills covered on this course are:
- How to position yourself on your bike - where you weight should be
- Braking - how to use your brakes properly for safe effective stopping and speed control.
- Gear selection - how to change gears and when.
- How to go round corners - exploring different techniques to make it feel smooth and safe
- Rolling over trail obstacles - for example rocks and roots.
We will practise all skills on sections of trails building knowledge and confidence along the way.
A fantastic morning of coaching which will give you the confidence and inspiration to get out on the trails. Come along, meet likeminded individuals and have fun,
Kit required: Suitable MTB in good working condition, a modern well fitted helment. Gloves, Rucksack, water & snack as we will have a couple of breaks. Spare clothes / layers as the weather is always changing. A waterproof jacket.
27th March, 9.30 – 12 Grantown on Spey, 16th April 10am – 12.20pm Tarland Trails, 17th April 1pm – 3.30pm Elgin Oak Woods, 21st April 9.30 – 12 Forres Sanquhar Woods, 15th May 9.30 – 12 Fochabers Winding Walks