Trail Days Pitfichie 07/08/21
9.30AM – 4.00PM
Location: Pitfichie Trails
A firm favourite on the Aberdeenshire enduro circuit and for good reason! Enjoy the panoramic views of Bennachie and the Aberdeenshire countryside from Cairn William before you begin your descent of The Devil’s Staircase – a fast, flowing trail with tight switchbacks and rocky sections. Pitfichie is also home to a rooty, rocky and technical DH track – starting with a fast open section of granite slabs before descending into the trees, where you’ll be met with more rocks, roots and endless line choice.
We’ll start our Pitfichie Trail Day with a morning of coaching on some of the amazing features that Pitfichie has to offer - from rocks to roots, corners and drops - building our technique and confidence as we go. After lunch, we’ll set off on a guided ride of the Pitfichie trails, where we’ll be able to put our new skills into practice. Our Pitfichie Trail Day will have two coaching groups, Flow for those newer to trail centre riding and Tech for more experienced riders.
- I am new to trail centre riding and would like to learn the fundamentals from a professional coach and build my confidence
- I would like to learn how to roll over rock features, round berms and flat turns found on a blue or red trail
- I would like to learn how to use my brakes effectively and maintain a balanced body position
- I would like to practise tricky sections in a supportive, fun environment.
- I would like to ride a trail centre red trail with control, speed and confidence maintaining good body positioning.
- I would like to tackle and learn how to ride black features safely with the guidance of a professional coach
- I can drop small/medium sized drops but want to make sure I am doing so safely.
- I want to work on a variety of techniques through sessioning and get more performance from my riding.
If you are unsure which session to book on for or have any questions, please get in touch!
Flow – see description below, Tech – see description below